Today’s article is for those, who want to print forms, checks from QB but unable to print from QuickBooks. If you are one of them then stay connected with us till the end. Here you can get every possible solution, and reason to this problem. Let’s start the article;
We all know, QuickBooks Online allows us to command print from anywhere, and anytime. But sometimes due to some technical issues, we find printing errors in QuickBooks. Because of that, we need to stop our essential works. It should not be ignored. To fix the printing issue permanently we need to know the cause of the problem. So let’s begin with the reasons;
What Causes for ‘Unable to Print from QuickBooks’
Mainly the QuickBooks printing problem occurs due to the technical problem in the printer, and in the system. But apart from that, there are some other reasons behind the error. Let’s know what are they?
- You may turn off the printer.
- The paper tray may be empty in the printer.
- Your printer may be installed incorrectly or deactivated.
- The default printer was changed.
- You may not be logged in as the administrator in the system.
- Printer connection setting problem in the system.
- Missing of XPS computer driver is one of the reasons.
Situations to Face During QuickBooks Print Issue
During this issue, you will face a lot of situations and problems. Here are some of the signs:
- You will not be able to print via printer, and the Desktop will not respond.
- Some of the unrecoverable error will appear in QuickBooks like 15064 06798, 14982 50172, 14983 96787, and etc.
- The print driver host will not be able to run over 32-bit applications.
- QuickBooks will freeze repeatedly when you will attempt accounts reconciliation.
- You will find an error message in the QuickBooks window like this; ‘QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing PDF file component’.
- QuickBooks will not able to save the report or the form as a pdf.
Solutions to Resolve Printing Problems in QuickBooks
Here we have given some of the most effective solutions
Solution 1: Make a Print Test Page
- First of all, turn off the printer, and reboot the system.
- And again turn on the printer.
- Check that, you have loaded the printer paper correctly.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, and search for the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Open the ‘Printers and Faxes’ by double click on it.
- If the printer shows its status ‘Offline’ then, then right-click on the Offline’ option, and click on the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
- Double-click the printer, select the ’Printer’ option, if there are print jobs displayed in the queue.
- After that, close the window, and right-click on the printer.
- There you can choose the ‘Properties’ option, just click on it, and select the ‘Print Test page’ option.
If the page printing test does not work in a network printer then, the issue must be because of the network issue.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Use the QuickBooks tool hub to reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install tool. Follow the rules for the proper instruction.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub, and install it.
- Go to the ‘Installation Issues’ section, and click on the ‘Clean Install Tool’ option.
- Open it, and click on the ‘Clean Install Utility’ option.
- Click on the ‘I accept on the license agreement option, and then select the QuickBooks version.
- After that, click ‘Ok’.
- Open ‘Control Panel’, and visit the ‘Programs and Features’ section, or to the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop option from the program list, and click on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option then the ‘Remove’ option.
- You will be instructed completely on the process, so follow all the instructions carefully.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop, and activate it on your system.
Other Useful Resources:
Solution 3: Rename the QuickBooks Print File
- Visit towards the QBprint.qbp file for the version of QuickBooks, and click on the ‘Rename’ option.
- After that, add.old extension at the end of the file name. Like this, QBprint.qbp.old.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the QuickBooks Desktop window, click the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘printer Set up’ option.
- Now from the ‘Form Name’ list select the ‘Ok’ option.
- It will create a new file of QBprint,qbp.
- You need not do this for every transaction.
- Now open any one of the transactions, and print it.
Solution 4: Try to Print in Another Printer
You can try to fix the problem by using another printer to print.
- Access the ‘Printer Setup’ option from QuickBooks through the ‘File’ menu.
- Now select the form that you want to print.
- Then ensure that the printer name is matching with the exact printer name that you are trying to use.
- If the printer names are not matched with each other then go to the ‘Printer Setup’ section, and correct it.
- Go to the ‘Help’ section for more settings instructions.
- After that, you can try to print using another printer by using the ‘Printer Setup’ option.
- For that, you need to visit to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Printer Setup’ option.
- Select the form and a different printer.
- Click on ‘Help’ for more setting instruction.
Solution 5: Make Changes in the Setting of Printer
There is another solution to this problem, and that is to make changes in the setting of the printer. You can follow the below-given instructions to make changes.
- If the printer is local then, check the connection between the printer, and system. If you find any problem with this then contact the manufacturer’s technicians of the printer.
- And if your printer is network then, check the network setting, and make changes according to the problem.
- Verify the status monitor, if the status monitor is set to appear when print then change the setting to appear only when there is an error. After that, check the spool path information, and modify the settings to RAW.
- If all of the above solutions are not working then use a new driver to print. If in case, you are unable to use the driver then contact an IT person.
- You can also use the QuickBooks pdf & printing repair tool to repair the printing problem in QuickBooks.
Printing problem in QuickBooks is not a major problem. This type of issue can be easily resolved by you through the above-mentioned solutions. So follow all the instructions carefully, and troubleshoot the problem. Further, if you have any issue then should immediately contact technical team members of EnterpriseThought for the instant and effective solutions.