Decided to manage business accounting and auditing with QuickBooks Desktop for the first time? If your answer is ‘Yes, it must be a useful article for you. This article will guide you, to set up QuickBooks, follow the article till the end for the complete setup process.
Steps For Setting Up QuickBooks Desktop for the First Time
You only need to follow 7 single steps to complete the setup process. Here you go for the step of setting up process:
Step 1: Register For QuickBooks
The service of the QuickBooks new versions lets you register in under 60 seconds. The packages of all QuickBooks also proceed with a free trial. It has three different subscription options also, including:-
- Simple Start ($5/month)– In this, you can create invoices, estimates and download bank transactions also.
- Essentials ($10/month)– In this, you have all the simple start features like manage and pay bills and multi-user support.
- Plus ($21/month)– In this subscription, you have all essential features like track inventory and prepare and print 1099s.
For 30 days you also have free access to all of these subscription plans. This free subscription gives you full access and no restrictions.
When you start your QuickBooks online free trial, Firstly you have to enter your name, email address, username, and password. And also there is no need to add your credit or debit card details for your free trial.
Step 2: Customize Your Company Preferences And Account The Settings
When you want to display a helpful To-Do list and other tools, you can use your QuickBooks dashboard. You log in for the first time then you also see tutorials that will help you to set up different parts of your new account. Then you set your company preferences.
When you start, click the Company tab at the menu bar and then choose Preferences. You can also edit your company’s contact information. Then change your account setting according to you. What settings you want to change, include:-
- Invoice automation
- Time tracking and payroll
- Credit card payments
One of the best parts of this is when you open your account there is no need to complete all of these settings options.
Other Useful Resources:
Step 3: Important Business Data To QuickBooks
– New QuickBooks allow you main subsist QuickBooks straight into your new account with no issue or manual transfer required. There you can directly bring company data from QuickBooks Desktop, transactions from your bank account, customer data from excel, email apps, and excel chart of accounts.
When you want to do these things choose More and Import data from the dropdown menu at the top menu bar of the company tab.
It is easy to upload customer and vendor lists in Excel or CSV files. And also make sure that there are no errors required.
There are some of the business data you can bring into QuickBooks includes:-
- QuickBooks desktop company
- Transactions from your bank
- Customer or vendor data in Excel, Outlook, or Gmail
- Product and services from Excel
- Chart of accounts from Excel
QuickBooks handles most imports smoothly, you may experience a few errors onwards the process.
Step 4: Sync Your Bank Accounts With QuickBooks
– When we click on the Banking tab at the top of the screen then it spontaneously connects your business’s bank account data with QuickBooks and then clicks Download Transactions.
If You want to sync your account then you will see a toolbar where you can enter your bank name and the account number.
In this process, all you have to do is use your online banking login name and password. Then QuickBooks will take a few minutes to bring all of your business bank account’s transactions into the software.
When the transaction is complete then you can attach vendor or customer names to each transaction.
This will help you with the information on credit and debit cards.
Step 5: Sync Your Business Credit Cards
– In this step firstly, you make sure that all your credit card information displays in QuickBooks by syncing your credit card accounts. It means that you don’t need to record your data manually because it automatically keeps track of it and sure about its accuracy.
If you want to sync your credit cards, choose More and then Registers from the drop-down menu at the top menu bar of the Banking tab.
When you start a new account name and click OK. Then the pop-up Window setup what type of account you wish to set up. Select the credit card option and QuickBooks will begin a credit card setup wizard.
Step 6: Customize Your Invoices With Company Branding
– Good businesses always have good invoices. You make sure that by customizing your QuickBooks invoices with your company logo and branding you have to impress your customers with your invoices.
For its customizable invoices, QuickBooks is very famous. There are some of the things you want to change on your invoices, includes:-
At the top of the QuickBooks Menu, click on the Customers tab to access the customization menu. Then choose Create Invoices from the drop-down list and select your desired invoice template.
If you want to create new changes to the invoice, then click the Formatting tab and then click Customize Data Layout.
A wide range of options makeover your invoice a display Window will arrive featuring and make sure that you add your company logo to your invoices.
When you choose the logo file that best suits your business, then click on Open to preview the new square image and then click OK to save it.
Step 7: Importing Your Contacts To QuickBooks
– It is easy to bring your contacts by QuickBooks Online. If you haven’t brought your contacts in Step 3, then now do it.
Firstly, you have to click on Company> More> Import Data, then choose Customers or Vendors (It depends on the type of contact you’re bringing).
And then you upload data in form of an excel or CSV file. Your Excel file has customer data that is separated from line to line. Then the QuickBooks will find out your contact list in that format.
When you import that file, it will automatically fill your data into its own fields. This data should xerox smoothly, But sometimes QuickBooks has some errors.
When you review the data on the bring screen and assign it to accurate fields, click Continue, review your data, and make sure all your contacts are uploaded successfully.
Your QuickBooks Desktop is registered and activated, now you can run QuickBooks for accounting.
At the end of this post, we look for the best way to set up a QuickBooks Desktop for the first time, after reading the whole information shared in this post. After this post, if you still face any problem with the same or any QuickBooks-related problem, then you can contact EnterpriseThought for instant, and effective QuickBooks Support. We are always ready to help you. Lastly, we want to say thanks for visiting our site.