Finding Gmail issue in QuickBooks, and not able to connect with your vendors and clients? Don’t get worried, here we will help you to get rid of this QuickBooks Gmail problem. In this article, we will discuss, the different types of Gmail issues in QuickBooks, and their solutions. And will know, why Gmail not working in QuickBooks.
Sometimes Google updates Gmail security, because of this, the users might automatically be logged from the Gmail account. So first cross-check that, is there any update of QuickBooks for the Gmail account or not. If any then, log in to your Gmail account again. And if not then you can through the article.
Causes of QuickBooks Gmail does not work
There are the causes behind your QuickBooks Gmail does not work:-
- Maybe you entered the wrong user ID and Password.
- Maybe you forget to complete the confirmation process necessary after signing in to your account.
- Your devices may be unable to sync the QuickBooks account to Gmail.
- Wrong Email linking in your QuickBooks Account.
- Maybe your app does not meet the Modern security standards by QuickBooks.
- Some issues in the MAP132.dll file.
QuickBooks Gmail Problem Types & Their Solutions
You may face different types of Gmail issues in QuickBooks. And each Gmail issue has its own solution. Here, we have given some of the methods to solve the QuickBooks Gmail issue. Read all of the procedures before following any procedure, and then follow the method that suits your Gmail issue type.
Method 1: Examine Your Email ID and Password
Sometimes you face issues regarding QuickBooks Gmail not working on your system because of the wrong Email ID and Password. that time you will receive a message showing ‘Incorrect Email ID and Password’.
Here are the steps to fix the issue.
- Start with re-entering your Password and ID. (Make sure your CAPS-lock is ‘OFF’, sometimes that creates an issue for you).
- Then go to the ‘Send Forms Choices’ to adjust some Gmail account settings.
- Click on ‘Edit settings’.
- Then make some changes in the port and make the SSL/TSL settings.
- If you don’t want to change anything, click on the ‘Default Reset’.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Is your synced Gmail account unable to Send Emails? EvenDuring Sending Email QuickBooks is Freeze. If you suffer from this issue, follow the given steps to fix it.
- Start with properly installing the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’, In case you don’t install it.
- For easy access, you store the file in a ‘Local Drive’ after downloading.
- After that, Run the Downloaded tool and Restart your Device.
- The process may take some time, have patience.
Method 3: Use Two-Step Verification for Google Account
- First, Turn On the Two-Step Verification for your Google account.
- Go to QuickBooks.
- Click on the ‘Edit‘ menu.
- Then select the ‘Preferences’.
- Then Choose the ‘Send Forms’ Option.
- Select the ‘WebMail’ and ‘Add’.
- Enter information on ‘Add Email Info’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Then save your changes to click ‘OK’.
Method 4: Modify the Enhanced Security Settings in QuickBooks
In case you already set up Gmail for Enhanced Security, it will be necessary to Authorize QuickBooks Desktop whenever you Email a Transaction or Report.
- To use Gmail in QuickBooks Desktop click on ‘Allow’.
- Form any active Report or Transaction.
- Must choose Email.
- Click on ‘Send’.
- You show on your screen a ‘Pop-up Request’ for the check to you using the right account for credentials.
- Enter your Credentials in the ‘Webmail Authorization Window’.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- To complete a procedure click on ‘Allow’.
- To connect your Gmail account set up ‘Webmail in QuickBooks’.
- Then go to Menu and click ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Send Forms’.
- Then go to Menu and choose ‘Webmail’.
- To Add the Webmail click on the ‘Add‘ option.
- Go to the provider to connect your Gmail Address to a ‘Drop-Down List’.
- Click on ‘Utilize Enhanced Security’.
- Then click on ‘OK’.
- When Notified, Sign in to your Intuit account by entering your Credentials.
Other Useful Resources:
Add Additional Single & Multi User License in QuickBooks
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program: Overview
Method 5: Fewer Secure Application in the Google Chrome
To start, Disable the Two-Step Verification for your Google account.
- First, create a Google account.
- Then go to the ‘Security Section’.
- Click on the Two-Step Verification.
- Sign-up is necessary for this.
- Click on the turn ‘OFF’ option.
- Then you will see the pop-up of ‘Less Secure Apps Access’.
- Enable the ‘Less Secure Apps Access’.
- Then carefully read the requirement of ‘Google Security’.
- Navigate to the ‘Edit menu’ in QuickBooks.
- Go to the ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Send Forms’.
- Then choose Web main and Added.
- Fill Out the Email in the ‘Add Email info’.
- Click on ‘OK’.
- Then save your changes to click ‘OK’.
Method 6: Set Google Chrome as Default Browser
There may be an issue with Google Chrome not being set as the Default Application with the right network. If you will receive an error message, to fix this issue follow these steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer ( If you don’t have internet explorer as an icon ), Then Click On The ‘File Explorer’.
- Click on ‘This PC>Start menu> Programs’.
- Double click on ‘Internet Explorer’ to launch it.
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- To have an icon in the top right corner of the window, click on ‘Settings’.
- Then click the ‘Internet‘ option.
- Select the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Click on ‘Set Programs’.
- Click on the Set Your Default Browser.
- Select the ‘Google Chrome’ from the list of Programs.
- Click on ‘Set This Programs as Default’, then click on ‘OK’.
- Now your Google Chrome is set as Default Browser.
- Then open your ‘QuickBooks’ and click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Click on ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Send Forms’ option.
- Then select the ‘Web Mail’ and click on ‘Add’.
- Enter your ‘Gmail Address’ and select ‘Gmail’ in the Email provider.
- Then Tick the box Use Enhanced Security and click ‘OK’.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to Confirm your Authorization.
- Then you will need to ‘Log In’ with your ‘Google Account Information’ to continue.
- After login, you will receive a prompt.
- Click on ‘Allow’
- Now, QuickBooks will be able to send emails using your Gmail account.
Method 7: Allow Authorization
In case you have Configured Gmail for use Enhanced Security. When you Send a Transaction or Report, You will have prompted to authorize QuickBooks Desktop.
- To open any Transaction or Report in QuickBooks, send the Email.
- Then click on send.
- With the limited credentials, you will be prompted to Log In at once.
- Select continue in the Webmail Authorization window.
- Click on the Allow
Method 8: Check Email Settings in Internet Explorer
If you are finding the QuickBooks Gmail issue in the Internet Explorer then, follow the below procedure;
- Open the QuickBooks in Internet Explorer.
- Visit the ‘Tools‘ menu, then choose the ‘Internet‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Program‘ button then choose the right email program as your default email program.
- Click ‘Apply‘ and then the ‘OK‘ option.
- Close the Internet Explorer.
- Open QuickBooks then mail the reports or transaction.
Hopefully, this article will help to fix your Gmail issue in QuickBooks. If your problem is not resolved from this method, you can connect with our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for a reliable troubleshoot suggestion.