Facing the network, and company file issue in QuickBooks? If yes, then this article is for you. In this article, we will discuss a tool called the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool will resolve all the network and company file issues in QuickBooks easily. Let’s know the function, use, and benefits of the tool.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is the tool by which a QuickBooks user can easily fix all kinds of network, and company file issues in QuickBooks. It is the combination of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool and the QuickBooks network connection diagnostic tool.
Types & Limitation of File Doctor Tool
The tool has a type, and some limitations also. Check the following information to get the limitation, and type information:
There are two versions of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool which are given below:-
- QuickBooks Stand-Alone version: To host files it is used from the server where only the QB database server manager component is installed.
- QuickBooks Built-in version: In this tool, it works in US, CA, and UK versions of QuickBooks, which makes it cramped to a certain area. This tool is utilized for file and data repair. It’s also a repair network and diagnosis.
There are some limitations also for the tool which are given in the below:-
- When the QuickBooks company file size is less than 2GB then the QB file doctor tool is lacking.
- To upload the company file an internet connection is compulsory.
- There is a must to Admin credentials.
- If you have multiple QuickBooks versions installed, then the network connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work properly.
- It does not work well If the database server manager is installed on the computer.
When we Should Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
We can use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in two ways which are given below:-
- Data Synchronize Errors
Data synchronize error means that there is a problem and because of some of the other reasons the user is unfit to see the full data in the meanwhile, the transactions are missing that was before time. There in QuickBooks or vendor, Item or customer lists that showed lesser items than it revealed previously, so the type of errors the client’s faces are the data-sync errors.
- Network Diagnosis
Starting with network diagnosis, First of all, log in as admin in windows, and also need to turn off the Windows user account control. When the user has logged in with admin rights, the QuickBooks File Doctor turns off the UAC on its own or automatically.
3. Other Common Error
You can also use the tool during common errors. Like, H-series error code (h101, h202, h303, & h505), multi-users problem, company file issues, data lose issue and etc.
List Of QB Database Errors can be Fixed in Doctor Tool
By using the QB File Doctor some errors can be fixed. Some error codes come when QB users are unable to access the company files.
|Error -6000 -301||Error -6000 -82|
|Error -6000 -305||Error -6150|
|QB Error -6147||QB Error -6130|
There are some more errors when QB opens in multi-user mode or network:
|QuickBooks Error H202||Error H303|
|Error H505||QuickBooks Error H101|
Other Useful Resources:
How to Download & Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The download and run process of file doctor can be done simultaneously in one time. Here is the procedure to do it at a time;
- In the first step, you need to open a web browser, and need to go to the Intuit QuickBooks official website and download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Wait for the complete download process.
- Then double-click on the qbfd.exe file, and follow the instruction to install the QBFD tool.
- After the proper installation, it opens automatically. If you don’t see the File Doctor opening then go to the green icon at the “Task Bar” windows.
- In the next step on the drop-down list, you can search for the desired QB company file. If you don’t see the QB company file list hit the “browse” icon and continue with the instructions.
- Select one of the options given below:-
- QB File Damage and Network Connectivity: If you see any damage in the QB company file list, or you experience 6xxx series errors such as -6150, -6000 -305, -6000 -82, etc.
- Network Connectivity only: If you are using QB in a multiple-user environment and get error code H202 or H303 or H505 when you open the QB company file in a multi-user environment.
- After that, If instructed, type in the QB Company file admin password then hit the “Next” tab.
- Then choose the ‘Host/Server’ or ‘Computer’.
- You make sure that you choose the correct option…!
- Run the file doctor on the computer other than the host computer or server- choose the “Workstation” icon.
- It runs the QuickBooks File Doctor on the server- then, click onto the “server” icon.
- Choose one of the given replacements below in a condition when instructed to allocate the company file:-
- Yes: When File Doctor runs on the computer hosting QB company files then we choose this option.
- No: When File Doctor doesn’t run on the computer hosting QB company files then we choose this option.
- Then wait for the QB File Doctor to complete the diagnosis.
- The final step closes the QB File Doctor after the QB diagnosis is completed and the repair procedure finishes.
At the end of this article, we hope, you found it useful and now have the idea of the best use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool. We will suggest you download the tool, and use it at the right time to run QuickBooks smoothly. And in addition, if you need help to run or download the tool then we can provide you our QuickBooks Support through remote access or call. So don’t worry, just go for the file doctor, our QuickBooks ProAdvisors are always with you to provide help at any time, and anywhere.