We all know every software has some errors, same with QuickBooks Accounting Software. You might have encountered some errors while doing some business-related work in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 1603 is one of the errors, it occurs while updating or installing QuickBooks desktop. So, in this blog, we are going to read about How to fix QuickBooks Error 1603.
QuickBooks is software that is trusted by many mid-sized and small business owners in the marketing world. And it has gained huge popularity for its amazing features. QuickBooks Error 1603 is one of the serious errors which comes out and acts as an obstacle in your work. Below, we have mentioned some solutions and some causes related to this error 1603.
Sometimes you might get the QuickBooks Error 1603 while updating it. It is because of the installation error of QuickBooks.
- Error Status 1603 – The update installer has occurred an internal error.
- Error Status 1603 – Not able to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603 – Fatal error while installation.
The message will pop-up like this:
- Installation Error: There is an issue in installing Microsoft .Net Framework [version], or
- Installation Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework while installing QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 1603: Symptoms
- The Microsoft .NET 1.1 SP1 is not properly installed itself.
- You are not using the current version of the software.
- Maybe the permissions will not authorize the installation.
- And the QuickBooks file is locked.
- The folders of Window Temp might get full.
- And, the QB installation may be corrupted.
- Microsoft Installer might be corrupted.
QuickBooks Error 1603: Causes
- Windows Installer Components are missing.
- QuickBooks Installation files are corrupted or incomplete.
- Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged.
- The components of Microsoft C++ & MSXML are corrupted.
Other Useful Resources:
Fix QB Error Code 1603
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for fixing the problems
For fixing the QuickBooks Update Error 1603 issues related to Microsoft .NET Framework, C++ & MSXML components can automatically be solved by the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
You may follow below steps to use this tool:
- Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, Install and run the downloaded application.
- It will take approx 20-25 minutes to complete the repair.
- After that, restart your computer.
Solution 2: Manually fix the issues
We would be required to repair the components manually. Because sometimes the Install Diagnostic Tool does not resolve some problems. And, if you don’t know the troubleshooting process, then contact a QuickBooks expert. You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to get a solution for this error:
1. Download and Install Windows Update
- Select the start button.
- Then, click on the Control Panel.
- And, tap on Update & Security.
- Go for the Windows Updates.
- Then, select Check for Updates.
Windows 10, 8.1 or 8
- Click on the start button.
- Then, go for the settings.
- And. Click on Update & Security.
- Then, check for Updates.
2. Restart the Windows Installer Service
- Firstly, click on the Control Panel.
- And then tap on System & Security.
- Select Administrative Tools.
- And, double click on the Services.
- Then, find the Windows Installer Service.
- Then, press the Restart the Service.
3. Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Then Uninstall a Program.
- Press the Windows Features.
- Then, check the option of .Net Framework 3.5.1 & 4.5.
- Uncheck the options, if already checked.
- Restart your system.
- Again, check the .Net Framework 3.5.1 & 4.5 option.
- Again, restart your system.
4. Reinstall the Microsoft C++ & MSXML
- Again, go to the Control Panel.
- You have to click on Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall all the Microsoft MSXML & C++ components from the list.
- Then, restart your computer.
- Then, at last, from the Microsoft website, again download and install the components.
I hope you can now install QuickBooks Desktop without QuickBooks Error 1603, after going through the above-mentioned instructions. There is also a possibility of other reasons that are only solved by the experts of QuickBooks with the help of advanced steps.