QuickBooks clean install tool plays a vital role to resolve your QuickBooks company file issues. With the help of this tool, we can resolve the issue that prevents opening the company file. It also resolves the display and template issues. In simple words, we also say that this tool removes the QuickBooks Desktop software, along with the files that are used to install it.
A fear arises in the mind of most QuickBooks users that they are losing the company accounting data, but it is assured that the clean installation of QuickBooks accounting software would not affect the accounting data of their company. It works on step by step process that includes the uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, remaining the installation files and after that reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software.
In this article, we discussed each step related to the clean installation process in detail. Thus we expect that at the end of this topic the user might know the entire procedure of clean installation of QuickBooks.
When to Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- First of all, ensure that the setup file or Installation CD of QuickBooks Desktop, license number, and the product key is available.
- Create the backup of your company file, though there are the least chances of losing data, to be on the safer side it is always recommended.
Steps to take Before Using the Clean Install Tool
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to open the application.
- Go to the File option and create a local backup from the Backup company option.
- There is a choice either to choose the Online Backup option or Local Backup option as per your preference.
- Click on the Next button and follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, Press the window button.
- Type the control panel in the search box and press the enter button.
- Now click on the Programs and Features option.
- In the list of Programs search for QuickBooks.
- Click on QuickBooks and then click on the Uninstall.
- After that follow the prompts to complete the process.
Other Useful Resources:
Step 2: Rename the Installation Folder
The second step of this process is to rename the installing folders. QuickBooks users also use the QuickBooks install tool to rename the folder. QuickBooks install tool renames the old install folders automatically for the users. This tool also allows QuickBooks to add new install files later at the time of reinstall. For those who look for the manual procedure to rename the folders, they can opt for a manual rename option and rename the QuickBooks installation folders.
Occur Error: Rejected folder name when renaming
- First of all, right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Now click on the task manager.
- Click on the Process tab and then choose the option Image name column header, for figuring out the processes alphabetically.
- Choose the QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe files.
- And then click on the end task button.
After doing the following step the last step is to click on the OK button on the message alert that appears on the screen stating Warning- in case you end the process that will lead to undesired results including Data Loss and System instability.
Step 3: Remove QuickBooks
- Open the Windows Start menu. Find “Control Panel” and then open Control Panel.
- Select programs and features or uninstall the program.
- From the list of installed programs, select the QuickBooks desktop version you have problems with.
- Select Uninstall / Reinstall, and then Uninstall. Select Next If you do not see this option, sign out and sign back into Windows as an administrator (or user with administrative rights).
Step 4: Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop
If you have an installation CD of QuickBooks, insert it into the computer, read and follow the instruction of the window to complete the installation process.
If you have purchased the QuickBooks from Intuit’s official website, login to QuickBooks account and download the installation setup.
Once the setup is downloaded. Run the setup. Now enter the license number and product key of your QuickBooks desktop in the installation wizard which can be found on:
- CD box.
- Online order email.
With this step, we come to the end of this article. As we said at the starting of the article clean installation is a step-by-step process and skipping any of the steps might create an unwanted problem for the QuickBooks users.
While ending this article, we expect that after reading this article, you might be able to deal with the QuickBooks clean installation procedure in the best possible ways.