QuickBooks is a business management software that makes accounting faster and easier. It is the first preference for every smart business owner as it automates the accounting tasks. Invoices QuickBooks help to keep records of your accounts receivable. In addition, invoices QuickBooks assists in recording sales transactions. From the customers who make no or half payment during the sale. You can easily create invoices QuickBooks in two ways such as creating invoices for sales orders and creating invoices for estimates. If you are a beginner, then this blog will tell you how to create an invoice. Generally, creating QuickBooks invoices is a part of the normal A/R workflow in QuickBooks Desktop. You can also send invoices online in QuickBooks Desktop. Let’s have a look!
Steps to create invoices QuickBooks
If you are a new user and don’t know how to generate invoices QuickBooks. Then don’t worry at all. We will tell you all the basic steps that will be helpful for you. To generate invoices QuickBooks, you have to follow some steps such as:
- First of all, open the Home screen window.
- Go to the Customers menu, and then click on Create Invoices.
- Choose a suitable customer or customer job from the drop-down menu.
- If it is not visible on the list yet, then click on Add New option.
- Fill in all the necessary details like Date Invoice, Bill to, and Terms and conditions.
- While selecting or adding an item, the description and amount are automatically populated based on the description and unit cost entered when it was set up.
- And also you can remove or change the items while creating invoices.
- To apply for a discount, first, you have to create a discount item. (Optional)
- Click on the Save option and close the window.
Other Useful Resources:
Two ways to generate invoices QuickBooks:
For sales orders
If you have made a sales order and you have completed it. Then you have to generate an invoice. However, there are two ways to generate invoices QuickBooks. They are as follows:
Sales Order Window:
- Firstly, open the Sales Orders main tab, and then hit the Create Invoice button.
- Once the prompt appears, click on:
- Create invoice for all of the sales order(s) to add all items from the sales order to the invoice.
- Create invoice for selected items if you want to put only some of the items on the invoice.
- Then made the necessary changes in the Invoice.
- In the list of items, enter a quantity in the To Invoice column for each item.
- If you don’t want to invoice any of the listed items, enter zero as the quantity.
- Next, save and close it.
- Visit the Customer menu, and then click on Create Invoices option.
- After that choose a customer or customer job from the menu.
- Then the available Sales Order window displays on the screen.
- And select one or more sales orders that you want to include in the invoice.
- Make the appropriate changes in the Invoice.
- If you don’t want to invoice any of the listed items, enter 0 as the quantity
- Now save & Close it.
When your client has accepted your estimate and agreed to pay a fixed amount. In that case, you can turn the entire estimate into an invoice. For this, you have to implement some steps like:
- First, you have to open the correct estimate.
- Click on Create Invoice at the top of the Estimate form.
- If progress invoicing turned on, then you get a prompt asking what items and quantities to put on the invoice.
- Specify what to include in the invoice.
- When the invoice appears, modify the information as required.
- Save it and close the window.
- Firstly, select the Create Invoices from the Home screen.
- Again choose a customer or customer job from the list.
- The available Estimates window appears on your screen
- Choose the estimate you want to include in the invoice.
- Edit the details when the invoice appears.
- Once it is over, click on Save and close it.
In brief, we can say that invoices QuickBooks helps in keeping records of the account receivables. However, it is also useful in recording transactions. There are 2 ways to generate invoices QuickBooks. First for Sales Order and second for estimates. The above steps will be very useful to you in generating invoices QuickBooks.