When the situation comes out that, an incorrect check amount issued by you mistakenly, and you don’t want to issue the check amount forward, at that time we use the word ‘Void’ to stop the transaction. But with QuickBooks, you need not get panic, if the situation will come. Because QuickBooks has the feature to void a check in a short time.
If you are a QuickBooks user then, this article will definitely informative for you. Here in this article, we will show you how to void a check in QuickBooks. If you are interested to know the process then, let’s start the article;
How Do you Void a Check in QuickBooks
You can void a check, in 3 different ways, and they are; voiding a check from the check page, voiding a check using expense transactions, and voiding a check using the checks window.
Method 1: To Void a Check from the Check Page
This is the method to void a check from the check page, follow the below steps:
- First of all, go to the ‘Expenses‘ tab, and select the ‘Filter‘ option.
- Select your file type in the ‘Type‘ field.
- Now you have to select the date range (the date, when the check was received), and then select the ‘Apply‘ option.
- Go to the ‘Expense Transactions‘ tab, and select the check that you want to void.
- The check will open in the check screen.
- After that, click on the ‘More‘ option, and then the ‘Void‘ option.
- A pop-message will prompt on your screen, click the ‘Yes‘ option to confirm the void of the check.
Note: If you have put the amount in multi-currency in QuickBooks, still you need not to worry, you can easily void it with QuickBooks.
Method 2: To Void a Check by Using Expense Transaction
- As usual, click on the Expenses tab.
- Locate your check that you want to void from the ‘Expense Transactions‘ list.
- Go to the ‘Action‘ column, and select the ‘Void‘ option, and then the ‘View/Edit‘ drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Yes‘ option to confirm the void of the check.
Method 3: To Void a Check using Check Windows
- Go to the ‘Edit‘ menu, and select ‘Void Check‘ option.
- Now select the check, that you want to void.
- After selecting the check, the check amount will be ‘0‘ automatically.
- Now in the memo field, put the reason of the void.
- At last, click on the ‘Save & Close‘ option.
Other Useful Resources:
To Void Other Different Checks in QuickBooks
The above information was about the normal check, now we will learn, how to void different types of checks in QuickBooks. Let’s start;
Steps to Void a Paper Check in QuickBooks
Follow the given instruction below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Banking’ and write the checks. Then, the check issued from the account, click on that account.
- Then, into the check number field, enter the check number. And, in the date field, enter the date.
- Into the ‘$’ field, enter the ‘0.00’. And, into the pay to the order field, enter the payee name.
- Press on the Edit then, void the check. When asked if you want to void the check in the recent time then, click on ‘YES’. And, if the user wants to void the check on the date it was issued then, click on ‘NO’.
- Then, click on the option of ‘Record’.
Steps to Void a Payroll Check in QuickBooks
To void the payroll check, read the given instruction below:
- If in the situation, the user is using a payroll service from a third party. Then, press on the ‘Payroll Center’ icon.
- And, if you are using the service of payroll, then click on the drop-down sign and then, choose the void paychecks. Also, click on the void paychecks, if you are not using the service of payroll.
- In the show paychecks from through the fields, add the date period. Then, press the tab key.
- After that, press the paycheck and then the void button. Then, read the instruction display on the screen and follow it to authenticate the void process.
- Press the Done button.
How to void a check in QuickBooks Online in Closed Period
If you have the closing entries in QuickBooks and want to void a check in QuickBooks Online in closed period follow the below steps:
- In the current period enter a deposit, and post it into the interest accounts.
- Now put it into the description the check#, that you are voiding.
- This will back amount in the checking account.
- Now you can notice that the checks being voided during the time of reconciliation in bank account.
- At last, reissue a check according to your need.
It’s all about the voiding process to void in QuickBooks. It was a little effort to provide you the effective, and informative procedure to void a check in QuickBooks. Hope you like it, and find it informative. Still, if you are unable to proceed with the procedure of voiding then you can get our expert help as the best QuickBooks support. At last, we just want to say that follow all the steps carefully, and focus on your business, not on accounting. Because QuickBooks is here for that.