Have you made a mistake in deposited funds in QuickBooks, and now you want to rectify it, by deleting a deposit in QuickBooks? Then this article must be a useful one for you. In this article, you can get the complete idea to delete a deposit, undo a bank deposit, and delete a payment deposit. Let’s know, how to delete a deposit;
In order to begin the procedure, you must have an idea of the QuickBooks payment category. There are 2 types of payment categories available in QuickBooks.
- Deposited Payments: All the individual payments recieved are included in the deposited payments.
- Undeposited Payments: And all of the small amount recieved in day are included in the undeposited payment category.
Now let’s know the procedure;
Procedure of Deleting a Deposit In QuickBooks
Here are the delete procedures for delicate, and payment
To Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks
In case you choose the deposit existing within the register, you can get the option of deleting the deposit from the Edit toolbar.
Follow the steps deliberately for desired results.
- First, go to Lists appearing at the top of the menu bar.
- Then, select Chart of Accounts.
- Next, double-click on Account and select Deposit.
- If you wish to delete a specific payment, you have to select it from the list.
- Go to the top menu bar and select Edit and choose the Delete Line option.
- You can click on Delete Deposit if you wish to delete the whole deposit.
- Finally, hit Ok when asked to delete the transaction.
How To Undo A Payment From Deposit In QuickBooks?
Following is a list of steps to remove a payment from a deposit.
- First, go to the QB Homepage.
- Then, open Record deposits.
- Next, go to the Banking menu and choose to Make Deposits.
- If the Payments to Deposit window appears, select Cancel.
- Now, select Previous and browse the transactions until the payment or the deposit to delete has been located.
- Finally, go to the Edit menu and select Delete Deposit in order to remove the deposit in QuickBooks.
Other Useful Articles:
Removing Duplicate Payments In QuickBooks
Sometimes, the users create a duplicate payment by entering the same payment twice by mistake. To eradicate that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, click on the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and select Company File.
- Then, when the Company File opens, go to the Banking menu and click on Make a Deposit from the options.
- Next, select the part to delete and choose Edit.
- After that, click on Edit and select Delete Line from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the changes, click on Save.
- Go to the List menu and click on Chart Of Accounts.
- Now, double-click on Undeposited Funds. This will open the bank account register.
- Click the duplicate payment that is to be deleted.
- Finally, select Edit and click on Delete Payment.
Delete Or Undo A Deposited Payment In QuickBooks
If you want to undo a deposited payment then you can follow the below procedure;
- First, open the QuickBooks Application.
- Click on the Record Deposits icon under the Banking tab.
- Now, wait for Payments to Deposit window to show up on the screen and select Cancel.
- Next, click on the particular deposit for deleting the payment in QuickBooks.
- After that, go to the Edit menu and choose Delete Deposit.
- Then, a warning message will pop up on the screen. Click on Ok.
To Delete A Payment From Undeposited Funds in QuickBooks
Follow the procedure to delete a payment from undeposited funds in QuickBooks:
- First, go to QuickBooks and choose Lists.
- Then, select the Chart of Accounts.
- After that, from the drop-down list, click on Undeposited Funds.
- Right-click on Amount to be deleted option and select Delete Deposit from the options available.
- Finally, to confirm the actions, click on Ok.
Note: It is important to note that if you use the Undeposited fund account, once you remove the payment, you have to recreate the original payment while depositing the fund.
To Delete a Payment In QuickBooks Online
To delete or Undo a payment in QuickBooks Online, follow the steps mentioned.
- First, open QuickBooks Online.
- Now, go to the Customers menu and then choose the Particular Customer.
- You will have to wait for the Payments to be displayed window to appear on the screen of your system.
- Then, choose the payment to delete.
- Finally, on the payment window, select More and then, click on Delete.
When working on making QuickBooks payments, it is common for a user to make general mistakes. The article brings forth all the necessary guidelines and information on deleting a deposit in QuickBooks along with different circumstances. We hope the data provided on the topic was helpful and you were able to rectify the errors. However, if you still have any doubts regarding this, you can contact our certified experts through our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.