QBW32.exe file is the company file in QuickBooks that stands for QuickBooks by Windows for 32-bit with the extension of the executable file. Error in QuickBooks QBW32.exe file is a clear indication of damaging of the company file. It appears with some error messages like, APPCRASH-QBW32.EXE (QuickBooks has stopped working), and AVMTimer: QBW32.EXE (Fatal application exit), and stop us to use QuickBooks.
To troubleshoot the particular error from QuickBooks, you need to get proper idea regarding the topic including the reasons, and solutions to the error. So here you go for the article to know deeply about this error.
Why the QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error Occurs
QuickBooks error QBW32.exe can be occurred because of different reasons. Here we have listed some of the reasons in the below:
- Make sure that the name of the company file is not too long.
- Missing, or damaged QBWUSER.INI file is one of the main reasons for this error.
- You also need to make sure about your hard drive.
- Damaged Windows operating system and QuickBooks Desktop installation file are some of the reasons for this error code.
How to Fix Fatal App QBW32.exe error in QuickBooks
Here we have different solutions to fix the QBW32.exe error. You can choose any one of the method to fix the problem. But always remember that, It will be good to choose the right method according to the reason of the error.
Method 1: End the Process of QBW32.exe
The first step, we should take against this error is to end the QBW32.exe process:
- Visit the taskbar of the Windows, and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Start Task manager‘ option from the list.
- Process the task manager, and click on the ‘Image name Header‘ option.
- Arrange all the file in a list, and search for the ‘QBW32.exe‘ file.
- After getting the file, click on it, and then end the process.
Other Useful Resources:
Method 2: Restart your System
Restarting a system, is a common solution to all type of issue, so you should apply this process:
- Close all the running programs.
- Restart the system manually.
- And again open the QuickBooks from the list.
Method 3: Perform Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks installer (make sure that it is in the latest version).
- Keep the license number, and the product nearby you.
- After that, uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Install, and activate the downloaded tool hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- Go to the ‘Installation Issue‘ section, and choose the ‘QuickBooks clean install tool‘ tool to start the clean install process.
- Choose the product version, and continue.
- Click ‘Ok‘, if you are seeing a message of ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location‘.
- After the clean installation process, you will be allowed to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4: Diagnose the Installation Problems
- To diagnose the installation problems, first of all, you need to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Close all the programs on your system to run the tool smoothly, after the complete download process.
- The running process will take some time to complete (average 20 minutes).
- If the running process will take more than 20 minutes then don’t be panic about that because it totally depends on your internet speed. So have patience, and wait for the complete process.
- At last, restart the system.
That’s all from our side. We have tried our best to provide all the appropriate, and related information in this article. Hope, you find it helpful and now you are able to fix the QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error. Still, if you need help then you can come back to EnterpriseThought for instant support.