QuickBooks, a product of Intuit, is proficient accounting software that manages all your related tasks with accuracy. The tasks include creating invoices, paying bills, recording transactions, and also, removing passive customers. In order to bear its fruitful results, the users should learn how to use them effectively, especially with the case of delete customer in QuickBooks.
Many users struggle with the unwanted customers. Users tend to add multiple customers who, overtime, become inactive and hoard a lot of your space. Instead of keeping them on file, QB can help you collect them easily and in this article, we will provide you all the necessary details on the subject. But, before that, let’s take a look at the scenarios that are to be considered.
The First Scenario – At the time you think about the customers you want to delete but when verifying, you find that their account has no history, at that time you can remove those customers from the list.
The Second Scenario – Sometimes, QuickBooks will not permit you to delete customers in a single transaction as they may have some associated activity. Due to this, QB will show you a dialogue box with the message “This name has a balance or is used in transactions, it cannot be deleted”. So, in this situation, you can disable them instead of deleting them.
Other Useful Resources:
How To Deactivate, Delete Customer In QuickBooks?
- Go to the Sales menu in the left panel and select the Customers tab.
- From there, select Customer>>Customer Details Tab>>Edit.
- Now, select the Deactivate button and hit the Yes button to confirm it.
- Go back to the Customers tab and then place a checkmark on the box next to the customer’s name.
- Click the batch action drop-down, and then select Deactivate.
- Select Yes to confirm the deletion.
If any customer is inactive, you can remove their name from the list. You can hide the name to keep the customer in the company file, but deleting the name will remove them permanently from QuickBooks.
Hiding A Customer
- First, go to the top of the QuickBooks window and click Customer Center.
- On the left of the window, select Customer and Job.
- When you get the list with customer names, double-click on the name and hide them.
- Now, a window will appear stating that the Customer is Inactive, so click on that option.
This option is best to get rid of a customer with zero trace from QB and to do so, open QuickBooks and follow the steps.
- Go to Customer Center and select Customer and Jobs.
- Now, you will be provided with a list of customers you already have in QuickBooks.
- Select the customer to remove.
- Select Edit and click on Delete Customer Job. The chosen customer will be removed.
The number of times doing the process depends upon the number of customers you want to delete.
Merging The Customers
Through this process, you will be merging the customers and then go on to remove them. Along with this, you will also be able to retain them. It has the same process as hiding a customer.
- Launch the QuickBooks program. Click on the Customer Center option and select Customers and Jobs.
- Then, click on the name of the person you want to delete and select the Edit option.
- To delete a person from your company file, click on Delete Customer Job. Repeat the same process for each customer you need to remove.
In the article we have given you an overview of the subject with all the necessary details and also, various methods to solve the problem. Hope, the information was useful and you were to fix it.
However, if you are still facing any issues related to deleting customer in QuickBooks or are unable to solve it, you can write your concern in the comment box. Also, you can directly contact our QuickBooks Support Experts and get instant solutions from our team of experts.