It is very sad to know, you want to cancel your QuickBooks payroll service. But if you have decided to cancel your payroll subscription, and still have no idea that how to cancel QuickBooks payroll services then this article will be a good source for you. Here in this article, we will the cancellation procedure of payroll subscription for all QuickBooks versions.
Normally, a user decides to cancel the subscription when he/she is unable to pay his/her employees. After canceling the subscription the user can get the account’s data for half a year. But can collect data after the end of the year.
Procedure to Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Services
You need to follow only 2 steps to cancel your QuickBooks payroll service type
Step 1: Complete your Final Payroll Tasks
Before canceling any QuickBooks payroll service, ensure that you have final payroll tasks. For confirmation, you have to check the following list:
(i) Finish the final payroll process
(ii) Get the print of important payroll report
(iii) Complete the installment of any tax deposits
(iv) Complete your outstanding quarterly or annual report.
And keep some points before canceling any payroll service;
- Always sign in as an Admin or you will be unable to find the “Billing & Subscription” tab.
- If you purchased the QBO from any third-party service, you can contact them to unsubscribe from the payroll.
- Leave your bank account blank until QuickBooks debit and pay the tax liabilities.
- During the cancelation process, all the liabilities will be paid and you will be notified with an email within 3 days.
Step 2: Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Service
As we know, QuickBooks has different payroll versions, and all users are not using the same version of QuickBooks to do payroll. So here we have given all the cancellation procedures for all QuickBooks Payroll services. Choose your payroll service type, and follow the procedure to cancel payroll.
Cancel QuickBooks Online Payroll subscription:
There are some ways to cancel the QuickBooks payroll service online.
- First, Go to the “Settings”.
- Next, choose “Account and Settings”
- Go to the “Payroll” option under the “Billing & subscription”.
- Now click on “Cancel”.
- You have to fill the cancellation form to complete the cancellation process.
Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted Service:
Follow the process, to cancel QB Desktop payroll Assisted service.
- You have to fill the Online certification form.
- You will get confirmation mail within 3 days.
- QuickBooks will check your confirmation request and after checking they will send another mail to complete the cancelation.
Other Useful Articles:
Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service (Enhanced, Standard, Or Basic):
To cancel these services, we can choose two ways. Let’s talk about it.
Through Company File:
You can directly unsubscribe through the company file.
- Go to the “Employees” menu.
- Next, Choose “My payroll service”.
- Hit the button “Account/Billing Info”
- Login to the Intuit Account and access the account portal page.
- Now tap on “Cancel Service”.
- Through Intuit Account:
Apply the steps which we are mentioning below.
- First, you have to sign in to an Intuit Account.
- Go to the “Products & Services” and select the “Details” option.
- Now tap on “cancel service”
Cancel Intuit Online Payroll Full Service:
Follow the procedure to cancel Intuit Online Payroll Full service.
- First, Go to the “Account Settings” tab.
- You will see a “Cancel Link” option under the payroll tracking system.
- Fill the cancelation form.
- Now the process is complete.
As per the T&C of Intuit, users would like to get a canceled withdrawal, when payroll is canceled. Within 60 days the membership of payroll is canceled. The returnable amount should be 100%. But when the customer would like to subscribe to an employee only at the end of the expiry date, no amount will be returned.
In this article, we have discussed the cancellation of payroll services in QuickBooks. We hope the process which we mentioned above helps you to cancel the Quickbooks Payroll subscription. Hope you are now satisfied with this cancellation process. If still, you can’t cancel the subscription you can contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors to get an instant solution. We hope this article will help you to cancel the QuickBooks payroll service.